Monday, December 21, 2009

Happy Solstice

The thing about Atlanta is that she knows her seasons.

(the view from my front door)
Growing up in Idaho, I always wondered why it wasn't Winter on the calendar until just before Christmas.  It was winter outside long before that.

(frosting on the bushes)
Atlanta knows that Winter starts on December 21st.  She gave us a good frost for the first day of the season.

(the view from my back door, it's kinda hard to see the frost, but the rooftops look ready for Santa)
Thank you, dear Atlanta.
And to my Alaska friends, you've made it.  Here comes the sun.

1 comment:

Cindy at LottieBird said...

Olivia pointed out that this is not the first frost. Rose pointed out that it is not winter because we don't have snow. I am pointing out (very cautiously) that it was in the 50's today and possibly the 60's tomorrow. So I will concede that it is not really like winter here. At least not all the time.