Wednesday, January 20, 2010

It's not about what it's about

Have you seen it?

I am a sucker for a movie.
I am also a sucker for actually watching movies in the theater.
I think that even if I had a home theater, I would still love the actual outing of the real theater.

 The outing is something I love.
Lately, some girlfriends and I have had outings to matinees while the kids are in school.
It's like playing hooky.
 
Today we saw Nine.
If you, too, appreciate beauty, see it in the theater.
Have an outing.
It won't be around much longer.

And if you want to know what it is about.
Forget it.
Doesn't matter.
Because really it is about Style.

Intoxicating Style.
Don't try to figure it out.
Just sit back and enjoy.

You, too, will be walking away singing and dancing.
It may mostly be in my head, but I am singing and dancing, nonetheless. 
Has anyone else seen Nine?
Do you have a favorite scene?
This is mine:

All these stylish men dancing in their stylish suits.
And Kate Hudson as an editor for Vogue singing about style.
It makes me happy.
And it makes me want to sing and dance.

1 comment:

Tara said...

I love going to the movie theater by myself. Odd, I know, but I love it. Another movie to add to my list - thank you. Have you seen "Young Victoria?" Also very stylized, but from a completely different century.