Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Is it Denim or Chambray? Is it 1985?



The clothes this season make it clear that the 80's have returned.  MC Hammer pants (really?), acid washed jeans, neon colors, padded shoulders, boyfriend jackets, stirrup pants.  I don't plan to embrace all of these retread styles, but one I really like is the return of the denim/chambray dress. 

Rose and I noticed lots of these cute, lightweight denim dresses in Spain.  Is lightweight denim necessarily chambray?  Or is chambray more of a twill that looks like denim?  I don't know.  But this is a style I can adopt.  I'll put the MC Hammer pants on hold for now. 

The photo above is one I took on the streets in Copenhagen.  I noticed these dresses were popular there, too (and I don't have my shots from Spain yet).

No comments: