Sunday, September 13, 2009

Hey, I'm a 10 here!

I'm not sure what I expected when I went to Key West. Well, yes I am sure. I thought I would see a few picturesque houses with gardens like those I'd seen in decorating magazines, and I thought I'd see lots of beautiful people living a relaxing island lifestyle. Boy, was I surprised! There were not only a few beautiful homes, but street after street of flower draped gates leading to colorful clapboard cottages. As I biked around the island, my jaw dropping with each turn of the corner, I would have to stop and text Barb about this amazing place (because she really gets the value of a beautiful thing and a visually stimulating abode!). The abundance of beautiful properties was not my only surprise in Key West. The beautiful people living a relaxing island lifestyle were actually aging hippies. Barb may or may not have received my text from the beach which said, "Hey, I'm a 10 here!" There are lots of different kinds of beauty.

2 comments:

Laura said...

you're a ten ANYWHERE!!!!! :)

Cindy at LottieBird said...

yeah, yeah, yeah. Are you looking for a raise?