Thursday, September 24, 2009

Consider the Lilies

The Enlightenment Necklace






Eckhart Tolle, in his book A New Earth, talks about the lightness of a bird and a crystal and a flower.  He indicates that they are an opening into the realm of the spiritual.   Also, that the dove, the jewel in the lotus flower, and the lily have all played a part in spirituality and human consciousness since ancient times.

     Christ said, "And why take ye thought for raiment?  Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin..."  (Matthew 6:28).  When I consider the lilies, or the crystals, or the dove, I feel lighter and more able to remember that the things weighing me down emotionally are not what really matters.  And I can remember to look into the realm of the spiritual.

And I spin less.  

I made this necklace to remind me.  Priceless.  But the necklace is $48.


No comments: