Saturday, June 19, 2010

Letting Go

It seems I will be doing a lot of letting go this summer.
("I didn't know it would go so fast" is not just a trite phrase anymore.)

Today I take my boys to work near Yellowstone for the summer.
(Camp Loll's Lake of the Woods--also known as "God's own lake.")

Tomorrow I take my oldest to the airport for a job in Madrid.
(Madrid city map)

Sometimes doing something good requires doing something hard.

I can do hard things.

What about you?
Share with me your challenge that had good results.
Remind me.

3 comments:

Dani said...

What the heck is she going to be doing there? That's so awesome!

Elizabeth said...

I read this with a heavy heart. When I woke up today my first thought was that the last time our family lived together as a unit was in England in our beloved village of Snailwell. I didn't know the four years we were there, how much that time would mean to me.

Do we record everyday and re-live them? Or do we keep moving forward, never looking back? I guess we must find the balance. I think I have avoided thinking back because I will feel like I lost something. When in fact, I have added something wonderful to the world.

Cindy at LottieBird said...

I like that. We add something wonderful to the world. This is our purpose, right?