Sunday, November 8, 2009

Elegance


Last Night Doug and I saw Coco avant Chanel.  We are both still in awe.  Visually pleasing.  Sublime.  Inspiring.

 I couldn't decide whether I should look at the captions or stare at the images.  I will have to see it again.  And again.  But only on the big screen.  This optical feast will not translate well to video (films rarely do).

I don't know who I love more, Audrey Tautou or Coco Chanel.  I certainly love them intertwined.


And I love a striped sailor shirt
(I have been obsessed since I saw Meg Ryan in French Kiss).

As well as the perfect cropped black pant to wear with boots.    


Her eyes and cheekbones remind me of my Aunt Anne.  Anne was always elegant.



Here she reminds me of my Rose.  Rose is always elegant.



I swiped these pictures from Google (except the ones of Anne and Rose).  I could not find Doug's favorite image:  Coco lying in the leaves looking lost because she has just heard heartbreaking news about her love, Arthur Capel.  You will have to see the movie to find that one.  You will just have to see the movie anyway.  On the big screen.  Then tell me about your favorite image.

4 comments:

Beauty Is Diverse said...

I enjoyed the movie too, and was thinking the same thing I couldn't decide if I should read the caption or just watch without looking but I did both.

I like the image of her on the stairs.

Elizabeth said...

I can't wait to see it. I had completly forgotten about it! BTW I think they should make a movie about Rose!

Cindy at LottieBird said...

Yes. Rose needs a movie. What would it be called?

She is in a hip group of kids at school, many are film majors. Maybe we will see that picture sometime.

Meanwhile, Rose and I are discussing whether she is Elizabeth or Jane in "Pride and Prejudice." What do you think?

Cindy at LottieBird said...

Tiffany. I agree, the image on the stairs was magnificent. Didn't she have a lot to say with her eyes at that moment? I hope Audrey gets and award for this one. Well played.