Sunday, May 16, 2010

A Stoop, or Almost A Porch

Doug and I once had a house with a porch.  
I remember sitting on the porch of our yellow cottage while swaying on the black shaker swing.
The geraniums on the railings made me smile.
So did listening to 3 year old Rose laugh with her friends as they played on the lawn.
Neighbors waved as they walked past.
It was a lovely porch.
And it is a lovely memory.

I wish I could show you that porch in my memory.
But surely a photo wouldn't do it justice.

Now I have a stoop instead of a porch.

And on it we live our lives.
And take portraits.
And visit with neighbors.
And watch life happen.

(Halloween 2008.  Trudy and Olivia as matching fairies.)
(Easter 2007.  Do you know how hard it is to get a picture of our whole clan?)
It will suffice.
For now.
Yet I will dream of the day when I again have a porch large enough to hold a swing.
And geraniums on the railings.

No comments: